by Justin Standfield
The Disability Confident scheme was developed by employers and disabled people’s representatives to help organisations successfully employ and retain disabled people and those with health conditions. The scheme is voluntary and access to the guidance, self-assessments and resources is completely free. There are 3 Disability Confident levels within the scheme – these are:
- Disability Confident Committed (level 1)
- Disability Confident Employer (level 2)
- Disability Confident Leader (level 3)
We’re pleased to share that Incendo Development Ltd has been upgraded from Disability Confident Committed to the level of Disability Confident Employer (level 2). In essence, level 2 of the scheme is about getting the right people for your business, and keeping and developing those people. We believe that by being Disability Confident it gives small businesses like Incendo a unique opportunity to lead the way in their community, regardless of the size of your company.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we have committed to the following actions:
- Actively looking to attract and recruit disabled people
- Providing a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process
- Making reasonable adjustments as required
- Encouraging our suppliers and partner organisations to be Disability Confident
- Ensuring employees have sufficient disability equality awareness
- Promoting a culture of being Disability Confident
- Supporting employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions
- Ensuring there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled people
If you’d like to find out a bit more about the Disability Confident scheme, take a look at this short video from the Department of Work & Pensions.